Global leaders in several sectors meet in Switzerland to set new priorities and agendas for regional and global industries.
Genre: Industries, Major Economies, Summit.
Venue: Davos-Klosters, Switzerland.
Dates: January 22 — 25, 2019.
Sponsors: World Economic Forum.
Description: The Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum will bring together a broad range of leaders of global society — heads and members of over 100 governments, top executives of the 1,000 foremost global companies, leaders of international organizations and relevant non-governmental organizations, prominent cultural, societal and thought leaders, and disruptive youth and pioneer voices — to start the year with new priorities and agendas for regional and global industry.
This year’s theme is “Globalization 4.0: Shaping a Global Architecture in the Ageof the Fourth Industrial Revolution,” featuring attention to a new, fast-approaching phase of global cooperation. The Meeting’s agenda will be to faster the required global leadership and stewardship, with the following five working principles in mind:
- dialogue is critical and must be multistakeholder-based;
- globalization must be responsible and responsive to regional and national concerns;
- international coordination must be improved in the absence of multilateral cooperation;
- addressing the biggest global challenges requires the collaborative efforts of business, government and civil society; and
- global growth must be inclusive and sustainable.